Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

Unbiased

Just Joe had mentioned the idea of using someone other than the players to "count" during the break during the tournament - hopefully eliminating the possibility of someone committing a "quick break."

A referee-type individual seems like a really good idea to me, and who better to fill that role than somebody who is not participating in the tournament?

I nominate Jigga James to do the coutning and also to establish if a foul has been committed, most notably with the "jump shot." If your unclear what defines a legal "jump shot," check out the rules on the NBPA blog. In addition, Jigga (if he's up to the task) could have the final say in judging who's closer to the hole after a close break.


Comments:
Jigga James is a non-participant and would likely be classified under your "stoner busboy" category - although he actually works on cars. In fact, we have no busboys competing in this year's tournament if I'm correct. Not to worry, though. Our gracious host, Tommy, has reiterated that he's in charge of deciding who's invited and who is not, so I imagine he'll grant your request to deny busboys roles in this year's proceedings - even as spectators.

I'd like to think that there is a fair balance between veterans and newcomers, but you tell me: For four players, this will be their fourth tournament; for another four, it will be their third; two players will be competing in their second; and only one player is making a tournament appearance for the first time. It sounds like a pretty good variety to me.
 
Okay, let me go over this again - because it's really not all that complicated. The idea was suggested because:

A) A Founding Father (Just Joe) suggested it

B) Another Founding Father (me) agreed

C) We've both got pretty legit reasons

D) Just thought it was a good idea to hear what the other two Founding Fathers thought

And so now that we've established that, I'm sure this will all get sorted out while we're waiting for the last person to show up on Sunday; My guess would be The Viking.

Thanks for the alternate suggestions for Jigga's role that day, Tommy. I'm not all that surprised you immediately wished for Jigga's fingers to be fumbling around your rectum. However, you seem quite confused about me viewing the world as "unfair." Perhaps you were thinking of that guy in "Garden State." What's his name again?

Hey! I thought of a job for Jigga! Maybe he can give your DVD player a cleaning. I imagine they sell the kits at Blockbuster; since they obviously couldn't be bothered with cleaning the discs they rent out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?